Legion War Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fox's/Falco's shine in melee?

2 posters

Go down

Fox's/Falco's shine in melee? Empty Fox's/Falco's shine in melee?

Post by Thirdkoopa Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:51 pm

I Could use some tips for it Razz (Or video's also if avalible.) If you have any tips on me being able to use it more or how you fit it in if you use Fox/Falco then please tell me, Thanks.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Smashers
Battlefield:
Trophy Gallery: --------------

Back to top Go down

Fox's/Falco's shine in melee? Empty Re: Fox's/Falco's shine in melee?

Post by Witchking_of_Angmar Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:36 pm

Shine is really, really, good against most characters. If you can safely land a shine, most of the time it's the best option and you should do it, especially Falco, who's grabs aren't that good. You can land shines after shffld aerials, by shining out of your shield (very hard) after a WD (like if you WD out of shield to punish an opponent) or after a shl with Falco.

OK, so now that you've landed your shine, you should make the most of it. Fox is easy- wavedash after your opponent and follow up with an attack. Depending how much traction your opponent has, react accordingly. On characters with high traction, either shine again or grab (Falcon, Shiek, Peach, Link, etc.). Other characters do your best to chase after them by runnning and then grabbing or usmashing, depending on how close you get. Against characters that fall to the shine, you can thunders combo them. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81139

With Falco, it varies much more by character. VS fast fallers (Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon) you can combo extremely well by Wavedashing out of your shine to follow their DI, the shffl a dair. When you get to slightly higher percents (40-50 ish) you can start to shffl uairs and nairs. VS floatier characters, jump out of your shine, dair or double jump and dair depending on how floaty they are, then shine and repeat. If your opponent DI's very well I would recommend waveshining on all characters, even floaties.

Any questions?
Witchking_of_Angmar
Witchking_of_Angmar
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 142

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirdkoopa Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:00 pm

Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:Shine is really, really, good against most characters. If you can safely land a shine, most of the time it's the best option and you should do it, especially Falco, who's grabs aren't that good. You can land shines after shffld aerials, by shining out of your shield (very hard) after a WD (like if you WD out of shield to punish an opponent) or after a shl with Falco.

OK, so now that you've landed your shine, you should make the most of it. Fox is easy- wavedash after your opponent and follow up with an attack. Depending how much traction your opponent has, react accordingly. On characters with high traction, either shine again or grab (Falcon, Shiek, Peach, Link, etc.). Other characters do your best to chase after them by runnning and then grabbing or usmashing, depending on how close you get. Against characters that fall to the shine, you can thunders combo them. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81139

With Falco, it varies much more by character. VS fast fallers (Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon) you can combo extremely well by Wavedashing out of your shine to follow their DI, the shffl a dair. When you get to slightly higher percents (40-50 ish) you can start to shffl uairs and nairs. VS floatier characters, jump out of your shine, dair or double jump and dair depending on how floaty they are, then shine and repeat. If your opponent DI's very well I would recommend waveshining on all characters, even floaties.

Any questions?

Yes actually; What do all those terms stand for? I Think we might need a pinned topic with some of those for reference purposes, But i get it that it's good for comboing, Thanks for telling me Smile.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Admin
Admin

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Witchking_of_Angmar Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:07 pm

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=42749

Abbreviations:
Form #1

* Bair - Back Air
* Dair - Down Air
* Fair - Forward Air
* Nair - Neutral Air
* Uair - Up Air

Form #2 (Less Common)

* ABA - Aerial Back Air
* ADA - Aerial Down Air
* AFA - Aerial Forward Air
* ANA - Aerial Neutral Air
* AUA - Aerial Up Air

Short Hop Blaster/Laser (SHB/SHL): A common way to tell a new Falco player from a skilled one is whether or not they SHB. This reduces the recovery time from firing a laser and is almost as fast as repeatedly pressing B while standing. The major difference between this and the standing blaster is mobility and recovery time (the time it takes Falco to put his blaster away).

Short Hop-FastFall-L-Cancel (SHFFL): An abbreviated form of describing the quickest combination for performing an aerial attack (excluding characters that can double jump cancel). Most refer to this as shuffling. Short hop, perform your air attack, fast fall, and then L-cancel.

Does that help? Also, Fox' shine is great for gimp kills due to its semi spike nature.
Witchking_of_Angmar
Witchking_of_Angmar
Mod
Mod

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thirdkoopa Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:28 pm

Wow, Thanks WOA, That was a lot of good information that i will for sure need to use to get better with his shine (I Don't use it so much.)
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Admin
Admin

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Witchking_of_Angmar Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:54 pm

You're welcome. Shine is the most broken attack in the game, use it often.
Witchking_of_Angmar
Witchking_of_Angmar
Mod
Mod

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down