Legion War Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiers. Whats your opinion?

+8
Pasta
General Diddy
Shadowyoshi4
Chuff
nintendoatlarge
Thirdkoopa
Tom8er
kcchiefs27
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tiers. Whats your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tiers. Whats your opinion?

Post by Thirdkoopa Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:47 am

Ben111 wrote:
Chuff wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:
Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:Sorry, but this topic fails, for a simple reason. tiers exist, and they are true. This is a fact. Ravioli explained some of it. Also, what people must remember, is that in close skill battles, it's matchups and skill at the matchups that counts, not tiers.

Equally skilled players: Marth vs. Peach. Peach and Marth are both high on the tier list.

Now, you have a few scenarios:

1)Neither knows anything about the matchup, so the match will probably be close, as they are not playing the matchup correctly
2)Peach knows the matchup (but marth doesn't), and abuses her advantages, and wins the match.
3)Marth knows the matchup (but peach doesn't), and abuses his advantages, and rapes her hard
4) They both know the matchup, and since Marth has a huge advantage in it, he wins.

So when deciding who has a better chance of winning, you have to take into account the overall skill, skill at things required by the matchup, and knowing the matchup/being able to play it well. Tiers don't come in anywhere. It's all matchups, people. Tiers are an overall ranking method, but tehy don't determines scenarios like the above.

Actually it really depends on who knows what tiers are and not, Fact is that here are a lot of Smash Players who have no clue whatsoever that we talk about smash this much :p So chances are that a lot of them won't know about it, It more goes around competitve players, They exist for sure but question is if you know about them or not.

Well yeah, the tiers are for players at the peak of the current metagame
Tiers are for people who can't decide who to play.

"guuhhh.... i dunno who to pick. whos teh best? google says tat fox rulz. im gonu yooz him!"

No <_< It's if your playing with a higher character then you have a better chance at winning.

AND OMG CHUFF HI <3, My point for that was just how it doesen't matter to most Smash players when people treat it like it doesen't exist when it does.
Thirdkoopa
Thirdkoopa
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Smashers
Battlefield:
Trophy Gallery: --------------

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuff Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:47 am

Ben111 wrote:
Chuff wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:
Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:Sorry, but this topic fails, for a simple reason. tiers exist, and they are true. This is a fact. Ravioli explained some of it. Also, what people must remember, is that in close skill battles, it's matchups and skill at the matchups that counts, not tiers.

Equally skilled players: Marth vs. Peach. Peach and Marth are both high on the tier list.

1)Neither knows anything about the matchup, so the match will probably be close, as they are not playing the matchup correctly
2)Peach knows the matchup (but marth doesn't), and abuses her advantages, and wins the match.
3)Marth knows the matchup (but peach doesn't), and abuses his advantages, and rapes her hard
4) They both know the matchup, and since Marth has a huge advantage in it, he wins.

So when deciding who has a better chance of winning, you have to take into account the overall skill, skill at things required by the matchup, and knowing the matchup/being able to play it well. Tiers don't come in anywhere. It's all matchups, people. Tiers are an overall ranking method, but tehy don't determines scenarios like the above.

Actually it really depends on who knows what tiers are and not, Fact is that here are a lot of Smash Players who have no clue whatsoever that we talk about smash this much :p So chances are that a lot of them won't know about it, It more goes around competitve players, They exist for sure but question is if you know about them or not.

"guuhhh.... i dunno who to pick. whos teh best? google says tat fox rulz. im gonu yooz him!"
No.

What I mean is that tiers only apply to players at the peak of the current metagame.

Fox isn't that good if you don't waveshine, shinespike, drillshine, shl, shffl, all these other things.
Chuff
Chuff
Yellow Alloy
Yellow Alloy

Number of posts : 211
Wii Friend Code : I don't know who my main is. Stop asking. I WILL shoot.

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:53 am

Chuff wrote:
Ben111 wrote:
Chuff wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:

No.

What I mean is that tiers only apply to players at the peak of the current metagame.

Fox isn't that good if you don't waveshine, shinespike, drillshine, shl, shffl, all these other things.
Yeah. Otherwise, he's Low tier without his strong attacks. Infact, is Fox a lot weaker in Brawl since you can't do some of those techniques?
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Number of posts : 486
Wii Friend Code : 0147-2485-7168-2743

Smashers
Battlefield: Gotta Catch'em All!

https://legionwarcentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuff Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:40 am

Ben111 wrote:
Chuff wrote:
Ben111 wrote:
Chuff wrote:
Thirdkoopa wrote:

No.

Yeah. Otherwise, he's Low tier without his strong attacks. Infact, is Fox a lot weaker in Brawl since you can't do some of those techniques?
Still has the best spike in the game. I don't know though.

And Fox still has really good smashes and aireals. He just isn't AS good.
Chuff
Chuff
Yellow Alloy
Yellow Alloy

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Witchking_of_Angmar Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Fox is mediocre according to Gimpyfish. You have to be at an average competitive level for matchups to apply.
Witchking_of_Angmar
Witchking_of_Angmar
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 142

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Chuff Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:52 pm

Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:Fox is mediocre according to Gimpyfish. You have to be at an average competitive level for matchups to apply.
That's what I said.
Chuff
Chuff
Yellow Alloy
Yellow Alloy

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2