Legion War Central
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NS2 vs. NSF discussion thread

+6
Echo
Ben111
RazorBlaze
Shadowyoshi4
Bass Pirate
Ultra_Luigi
10 posters

Go down

NS2 vs. NSF discussion thread Empty NS2 vs. NSF discussion thread

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:23 pm

This is the place to discuss our forum battle against NSF. I’d really like your opinions on how we are going to do this. Any input is appreciated.

Plans so far: Remember when we talked to the Wiz on the NS2 legion thread about the forum battle? Well this is the agreement our forum members came up with, we will have several tournaments to come up with an accurate list of the best members of the board. I’m going to keep all of the tournament records with me and some panelists and I will create the list from that information.

NSF wants to take at least a month to practice. I suggested extending that to two months so we can fit in a few tournaments. But there’s a problem, Gbwyoshi is working on a list right now, before the game is even out. Supposedly he’s the leader of NS2. If you guys want to see NS2 get creamed by NSF because one person thinks he could do whatever he wants with the forum, without discussing this with the members, then lets leave it the way it is. I don’t like what he’s doing. It’s not a good representation of our best players and we need to talk to him about this.

gbwyoshi's response to my post at NSF.
“Hey UL I am working the best I can the original plan was to have the top 20 represent NS2 but it would be to chaotic with the delays. Thus Half will be chosen randomly and the other half will have to earn their way in.” – gbwyoshi

That’s ridiculous, choosing people randomly is the worst possible way to do it. We do not need a leader like that.

What do you guys have to say about this? Make some suggestions, comment on the current plans. Speak up because you are all a part of this.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-01-02

Back to top Go down

NS2 vs. NSF discussion thread Empty Re: NS2 vs. NSF discussion thread

Post by Bass Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:18 pm

gbwyoshi is so stupid he sounds like a traitor. No body listen to him, and I suppose we should let the wizard know not to take anything gbwyoshi says seriously.
Bass Pirate
Bass Pirate
Legion General
Legion General

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Bass Pirate wrote:gbwyoshi is so stupid he sounds like a traitor. No body listen to him, and I suppose we should let the wizard know not to take anything gbwyoshi says seriously.
gbwyoshi said he’s going to create a poll at NS2 about this. I’m going to wait to see what he has to say about it and if it’s stupid, I’m going to create my own poll. The Wiz saw my post at NSF and from what I’ve read throughout that thread, gbwyoshi claims that he is in charge. Wiz has relied on him for NS2 information.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowyoshi4 Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:42 pm

theres probably no way in hell that ill make it into the top players(maybe a chance...), but the tournaments sound fun.
suzcks that gbwyoshi is basicly ruining it, why doesnt someone tell wizard not to listen to him.
Shadowyoshi4
Shadowyoshi4
Legion General
Legion General

Number of posts : 145

Smashers
Battlefield:
Trophy Gallery: --------------

Back to top Go down

Post by RazorBlaze Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:05 pm

don't know if i'll make it in top players but I'll try
RazorBlaze
RazorBlaze
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 121
Wii Friend Code : 6514-1381-5601-0199

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:10 pm

RazorBlaze wrote:don't know if i'll make it in top players but I'll try

It's always possible. Since gbwyoshi created his poll and it failed miserably, I posted a thread on NS2.

Here is the link.
http://www.nsider2.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=112659

I hope he realizes that he’s not in control.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:52 pm

If he's picking people randomly, then he must not be serious. Here's what I propose: We will have everyone who wants to participate battle the other contestants in 2 or 3 matches. From those results, we should be able to see who is good and who is not. We should have our best person (presumably Ultra Luigi, if possible) observe some battles via Spectator mode to see who's good and who's not.
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Number of posts : 486
Wii Friend Code : 0147-2485-7168-2743

Smashers
Battlefield: Gotta Catch'em All!

https://legionwarcentral.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:55 pm

Ben111 wrote:If he's picking people randomly, then he must not be serious. Here's what I propose: We will have everyone who wants to participate battle the other contestants in 2 or 3 matches. From those results, we should be able to see who is good and who is not. We should have our best person (presumably Ultra Luigi, if possible) observe some battles via Spectator mode to see who's good and who's not.
You don’t like the idea I purposed about tournament history? What if spectator mode doesn’t work in “With Friends” mode?

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:59 pm

Ultra_Luigi wrote:
Ben111 wrote:If he's picking people randomly, then he must not be serious. Here's what I propose: We will have everyone who wants to participate battle the other contestants in 2 or 3 matches. From those results, we should be able to see who is good and who is not. We should have our best person (presumably Ultra Luigi, if possible) observe some battles via Spectator mode to see who's good and who's not.
You don’t like the idea I purposed about tournament history? What if spectator mode doesn’t work in “With Friends” mode?
You proposed an idea? Must have been in the other thread. what was your proposal?
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Smashers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:03 pm

[quote="Ben111"][quote="Ultra_Luigi"]
Ben111 wrote:You proposed an idea? Must have been in the other thread. what was your proposal?
The panelists would select the people by looking at each player’s tournament history (those who will compete in the future NS2 tournaments). Perhaps the tournaments should be specifically far that purpose.

At the end when we have a rough draft of the people who qualify, we should have a round robin tournament and the top 20 or so who have the best records will be in the team. Pool tournaments are a lot more accurate than double or single elimination brackets.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:07 pm

[quote="Ultra_Luigi"][quote="Ben111"]
Ultra_Luigi wrote:
Ben111 wrote:You proposed an idea? Must have been in the other thread. what was your proposal?
The panelists would select the people by looking at each player’s tournament history (those who will compete in the future NS2 tournaments). Perhaps the tournaments should be specifically far that purpose.

At the end when we have a rough draft of the people who qualify, we should have a round robin tournament and the top 20 or so who have the best records will be in the team. Pool tournaments are a lot more accurate than double or single elimination brackets.
That seems like a good idea. But what if you haven't been in a Brawl tournament before? A lot of people will still be playing the game, because most people will want to unlock everyone before playing online at all.
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Smashers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:14 pm

Ben111 wrote:That seems like a good idea. But what if you haven't been in a Brawl tournament before? A lot of people will still be playing the game, because most people will want to unlock everyone before playing online at all.
That’s why we should discuss the time issues with StarWindWizard. Tournaments shouldn’t be hosted right off the bat. We will wait until everyone has had enough time to unlock their characters. It’s going to be a long process. One tournament will not be enough to get things together so we will host a few. Weekly, biweekly, or monthly if possible but it’s going to have to be on the weekends.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:17 pm

Ultra_Luigi wrote:
That’s why we should discuss the time issues with StarWindWizard. Tournaments shouldn’t be hosted right off the bat. We will wait until everyone has had enough time to unlock their characters. It’s going to be a long process. One tournament will not be enough to get things together so we will host a few. Weekly, biweekly, or monthly if possible but it’s going to have to be on the weekends.
Sounds good to me. Perhaps you could put a link to a non-spoiler character guide in this thread so everyone can unlock their characters on time? That might help.
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Smashers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:21 pm

Ben111 wrote:Sounds good to me. Perhaps you could put a link to a non-spoiler character guide in this thread so everyone can unlock their characters on time? That might help.

Sounds good, I’ll do my best.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:27 pm

I know someone who's making one of those, so I'll post a link to it when it's up.
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Smashers

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:02 am

sweet, I could probably rep NS2
Echo
Echo
Sandbag
Sandbag

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by kcchiefs27 Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:05 am

This should be cool. Nice ideas, ultra_Luigi
kcchiefs27
kcchiefs27
Primid
Primid

Number of posts : 108
Wii Friend Code : 3211-2543-1631-3221
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Witchking_of_Angmar Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:21 pm

Echo wrote:sweet, I could probably rep NS2
Same.
Witchking_of_Angmar
Witchking_of_Angmar
Mod
Mod

Number of posts : 142

Smashers
Battlefield:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:30 pm

Witchking_of_Angmar wrote:
Echo wrote:sweet, I could probably rep NS2
Same.
You better. >_>

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom8er Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:14 pm

I agree randomly Picking People sucks for a Serious Tournament. However if its just for Fun then It doesn't matter. I hope I can make this Tourny But I doubt I will because I just won't play enough compared to the 20 who will most likely play non stop.

I also like the Pool better then Bracket idea.
Tom8er
Tom8er
Blue Alloy
Blue Alloy

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ultra_Luigi Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:46 am

Tom8er wrote:I agree randomly Picking People sucks for a Serious Tournament. However if its just for Fun then It doesn't matter. I hope I can make this Tourny But I doubt I will because I just won't play enough compared to the 20 who will most likely play non stop.

Yeah, pools give you enough matches for anyone to be satisfied by the end of the day. I know when I go to a major tourney and its pools first; the money I spent to attend was well worth it. Would double elim, you pretty much get two chances or you’re out, that’s not the case with pools.

Although it is just for fun, after all it’s a friendly competition; NSF was being very cocky about this. A lot of their members thought that we were screwed from the start. How about showing that we can be serious and have fun as well? That is what this is really all about.

Ultra_Luigi
Sticker
Sticker

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben111 Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:03 am

Ultra_Luigi wrote:
Tom8er wrote:I agree randomly Picking People sucks for a Serious Tournament. However if its just for Fun then It doesn't matter. I hope I can make this Tourny But I doubt I will because I just won't play enough compared to the 20 who will most likely play non stop.

Yeah, pools give you enough matches for anyone to be satisfied by the end of the day. I know when I go to a major tourney and its pools first; the money I spent to attend was well worth it. Would double elim, you pretty much get two chances or you’re out, that’s not the case with pools.

Although it is just for fun, after all it’s a friendly competition; NSF was being very cocky about this. A lot of their members thought that we were screwed from the start. How about showing that we can be serious and have fun as well? That is what this is really all about.

Being fun, but in a serious way. That seems pretty good to me!
Ben111
Ben111
Yoshi
Yoshi

Smashers

Back to top Go down